Question 1: How far is the talk distance of the walkie-talkie?
Conventional walkie-talkies can reach up to 8-10 kilometers in an open space, and the general urban area can reach 3-5 kilometers. In the case of tall buildings or high mountains, the call distance will be relatively short.
When there is network support, the talk distance of the walkie-talkie can reach dozens of kilometers. The networking uses a repeater (also called a base station or a repeater) to automatically receive the transmitted signal from the walkie-talkie and amplify and forward it. Networking can expand the coverage of walkie-talkie communication, extend the call distance, open to 10-20 km (handheld walkie-talkie) or 30-50 km (car walkie-talkie), and cover the basement, underground parking plant, fire exit, etc. The area that is usually called a dead corner.
Question 2: What factors affect the distance and effect of the walkie-talkie?
- System parameters:
1) The stronger the output power of the transmitter, the larger the coverage of the transmitted signal and the farther the communication distance. However, the transmission power should not be too large, and the transmission power is too large, which not only consumes electricity, but also affects the life of the power amplifier components, and is highly interfering, affecting the call effect of others, and also causing radiation pollution. The radio regulatory agencies of various countries have clearly defined the transmission power of communication equipment.
2) The higher the receiving sensitivity of the communication machine, the farther the communication distance is.
3) The gain of the antenna. When the antenna is matched with the machine, the antenna height is generally increased, and the receiving or transmitting capability is enhanced. The antenna used for the walkie-talkie is generally a helical antenna, and its bandwidth and gain are smaller than other types of antennas, and are more susceptible to human influence.
2. Environmental factors: Environmental factors mainly include paths, tree density, environmental electromagnetic interference, buildings, weather conditions and terrain differences. These and other parameters directly affect the field strength and coverage of the signal.
3. Other influencing factors:
1) The battery is low. When the battery is low, the call quality will deteriorate. In severe cases, there will be noise, affecting normal calls.
2) Antenna matching, the frequency band of the antenna is inconsistent with the machine frequency band, and the antenna impedance is not matched, which will seriously affect the call distance. For the user, pay attention to tightening the antenna when changing the antenna. In addition, you can not use the antenna provided by the manufacturer, or use the antenna that does not meet the frequency of the machine.
Question 3: There is no radiation problem with the use of intercom opportunities?
Answer: The design of the walkie-talkie is in compliance with the relevant regulations of the Ministry of Information Industry  No. 869, and will not cause harm to the human body. When using the walkie-talkie, it is not close to the human body, but 5 to 7 cm from the human body.
Question 4: Can I use the intercom to make a call?
The walkie-talkie can be used to make calls when there is network support. However, if it is only a regular call between the single machines, the function of making a call cannot be realized.
Question 5: Why is there a frequency limit for using the walkie-talkie?
In order to ensure that most users do not interfere with calls and use frequency resources reasonably, the National Radio Station Management Committee divides the use of frequencies and stipulates that different industries use corresponding frequency ranges. When purchasing a walkie-talkie, users should apply to the local radio management committee for frequency.
Question 6: Precautions for the use of the walkie-talkie antenna?
- Only use original or approved antennas of HYT. Unauthorized antennas, modified or added antennas may damage the walkie-talkie or violate the regulations of the Ministry of Information Industry Radio Administration;
- When using, do not use the antenna to get the hand;
- The antenna of the walkie-talkie cannot be unscrewed, otherwise the power tube will be burnt out easily during launch;
- Do not use a damaged antenna. At the time of launch, if the damaged antenna comes into contact with the skin, it may cause a slight burn.